Got A New Social Security Card After Getting Married

After I got married, I knew there were many things I was going to need to get done. I knew I would need my driver’s license changed to my married name, but first I would need to get a new social security card with my married name on it.

Social Security Card

Online Search For Social Security Offices

I went online and searched for the department of social security cards and social security offices around me and looked for the one that was the closest to where I was at. I called them to see what information I would need to take with me so I could get a new social security card. I Assisted Online Filings – Social Security Card and gathered up the things I would need like my marriage license and took it to them so I could have my name change on social security card and get the new card. The office was easy to find and I knew from the time I walked in I would have to wait. It was filled up with people. I took my number and sat down. After about an hour I was finally able to give my paperwork to someone and get my new social security card information filled out. They told me I wouldn’t get it right then and there, but that I should expect it to arrive in the mail within the next week or so.

Getting A New Social Security Card

After a week I got my new social security card in the mail. I was able to go to the DMV and get my license changed since I got married since I had my new social security card. I also changed my name on a few other things that it needed changed on and took my maiden name off. I am glad I got all that done and that it was fairly easy to do except the waiting part.