The simple answer to this question is “YES”!
The process of applying for a replacement social security card is pretty easy and there are 3 ways that you can go about this.
– Apply online by completing the SS4-Form and submitting it. The application should be processed on the same day and you can collect your new card at your local social security office or it can be mailed to you.
– Alternatively, you can print out the form and mail it to the relevant social security office. However, this may mean that the card may not be ready on the same day due to the time it will take for the application to arrive and the card to be mailed to you.
– You can complete the form and deliver it in person to your social security office to be processed and a new card can be generated for you immediately.
However, there are some obstacles that may complicate the process and result in a longer processing time.
– Ensure that you have all the necessary original supporting documents such as your birth certificate, social security number as well as proof of identification like a passport, drivers licence or other photo ID.
– The SS-4 form should be completed in full providing as much information as possible.
– All copies of original supporting documents must be certified and may be necessary to the application process.
If you are applying online, the supporting documents will need to be scanned and emailed. Supporting documents should accompany a mailed application. Take all the necessary documents with you when applying in person at your local social security office.
By and large, applying for a replacement social security card same day near me in person is the best way to eliminate the obstacles and ensure that you receive a new card on the same day.