Tips On Changing Your Name After Getting Married

If you have recently got a new social security card after marriage, and you are going to change your name, there are some documents that you will need to fill out. It is likely that you will need to change your Social Security number, your drivers license, and other documents that refer to you in an official capacity. You can go to the Social Security Administration to do this, and also the DMV, so that you can have these reissued. The following tips will make it easy for you to complete this process which is very easy to do.

What You Will Need In Order To Change Your Name

You’re going to need to do a few things if you want to change name on id. First of all, you need to bring in your existing drivers license to get your new one. If you have a Social Security card to replace or number that needs to be change, you can bring that in plus your drivers license to show them who you are. Might have a passport which you could also use for this purpose. After filling out the paperwork, the officials will make sure everything is filled out properly, and then submit that so it can be processed. It will take several days to receive your new documentation that will have your new married name.

How Soon Can You Expect To See These?

You can expect to see all of this in the next few weeks. There is the processing time and then the time to send it to your location. Finally, you will want to get this done as quickly as you can which will require you to go to these locations as soon as possible. You can schedule a time to be there so you won’t have to wait in line. Once you have this done, and you have your new documents, you will have official cards that will represent your new name. This is something that must be done if you have recently gotten married. Start setting your appointment today.